What's your favorite pumpkin treat - or your fave got-to dessert recipe this time of year??
Pumpkin Pudding is a creamy blend of fall spices, maple syrup and cozy pumpkin. Pumpkin pie flavors of nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger are swirled into each spoonful.
This is my go-to dessert recipe for fall because it is so simple to prepare in a flash. As easy to make as a smoothie. Yet elegant enough to serve at a fall dinner party. And even better, it's totally good for you! Healthy enough to eat any time of the day - from a quick breakfast to a midnight snack. 5 ingredients, 5 minutes no-cooking required. Blend, chill, serve..
Healthy Pudding! This pudding is rich in protein, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, potassium, free of refined sugar - and it even contains some fiber from the canned pumpkin.
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin contains:
763% RDA vitamin A
19% RDA iron
17% RDA vitamin C
49% RDA vitamin K
14% RDA potassium
vegan, makes about 3 cups
- 1 lb silken tofu (I used one pack of Nasoya silken tofu)
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used a pink salt)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, unsweetened
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
optional add-in: 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted slowly
topping: vanilla bean coconut milk whip
1. Add all ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend on low -> high until smooth and creamy. The mixture will be watery at this point, but placing it back in the fridge or freezer will firm it up a bit.
3. If you are adding the coconut oil, melt it in the microwave (don't let it get too hot though - just softened - you can also do this on your stove top). Then very slowly pour into the pudding mixture while blending on low. You don't want the coconut oil to chill too quickly and turn into little beads - a slow smooth blend is ideal.
4. For quick chill: pour pudding into tiny serving cups and place in the freezer for 15 minutes - then move to fridge until ready to serve.
A swirl of coconut milk whip - vanilla bean flavor is the perfect topping!!
You can blend up this pudding in under five minutes and be enjoying it in about twenty minutes (about 20 minutes for the chill time).
Add-on's. A cool swirl of my coconut whip seen here (beater whipping method) and here (dispenser method) is a perfect touch.